Good strategy is the currency of change...
...because it does not matter if you are right, if you are not effective.
Nothing has ever changed by staying silent. I believe in working toward a more just and equitable society via meaningful consciousness raising and direct action activism. All leaders, messages or convictions are not equal- some are more effective than others. I use social movement theory and proven applied techniques to organize communities toward effective and beneficial change.
Featured Positions Held
- Ordain Women: COO Chief Operating Officer, Brand and Strategic Planning, Executive Board, Founding Member, Spokesperson: www.ordainwomen.org
- Mormons for ERA: President and Founder: www.mormonsforera.com
- LDS WAVE: Women Advocating for Voice & Equality: Founding Member, Board of Directors, Former President, Ask a Feminist Columnist: www.ldswave.org
- Exponent II Blog and Magazine: Perma Blogger, Former Global Zion Editor: www.the-exponent.com
- The Mormon Women's Roundtable: Panelist and Founding Member: www.patheos.com/blogs/theroundtable/contributors/
- The White House Mormon Democrat Youth Roundtable: Panelist
- The F-Word: A Documentary of Mormon Feminism: Associate Producer
- Kente Cloth for School Fees: Founder and Director
Skills & Expertise
Direct action community organizing | Online community organizing | Audience engagement | Large group logistics and operations management | Brand strategy and management | Integrated marketing communications | Social media platforms | Website administrator | Project management | Public speaking | Client relations | Volunteer recruitment
We are Women Rally on the West Lawn of the Capital Building, Washington DC. Chelsea Shields Strayer speech 5:20-9:25 mins.
- Chicago NPR: Morning Amp Chelsea Shields Strayer Talks Feminism and Mormonism.
- The Salt Lake Tribune: Internet has Revolutionized Mormon Feminism.
- The New York Times: Mormons Expel Founder if Group Seeking Priesthood for Women.
- Arts.Mic: Young Mormon Feminists are Doing it for Themselves.
- Aljazeera: Mormon Women March for Entry into Priesthood
- Huffington Post: Mormon Women Seeking Middle Ground to Greater Equality.
- Huffington Post: Obama, Romney and The Equal Rights Amendment.